Yield: 24 balls and 48 crackers
Prep Time: 15 Minutes or less
Cook Time: 15 minutes or less
Recipe Type: Easy, Ketogenic, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Serve these appetizing cheese balls with crudités and our flaxseed crackers at your next gathering for a fuss-free entertaining. The garnishes are optional, but they add vibrance and lots of flavor. The cheese balls a are also ideal as a savory snack to curb your appetite between meals or to add to a lunch box.
For the cheese balls:
1 ripe avocado, mashed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee, softened at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 package (8oz/227g) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
2 scoops K Nutri Collagen Peptides
5 oz/140g soft goat cheese
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 clove garlic, minced (or substitute with 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
A dash of cayenne pepper
Salt and freshly ground
To garnish (optional):
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup microgreens, finely chopped
1/4 cup crumbled crispy bacon
2 tablespoons pink or green peppercorns, crushed
1/4 cup ground nuts, such as almonds or walnuts
1/4 toasted sesame seeds
For the crackers:
1 1/4 cup (4 oz/113g) golden or brown flaxseed meal
1 scoop K Nutri Collagen Peptides
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and/or onion powder
2/3 cup water
1 egg white, beaten (optional)
Sea salt, to taste
- Whisk together all cheese ball ingredients in a mixing ball until smooth. Set in the freezer for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Line a large flat plate or a baking sheet with parchment paper (or if you have, a silicon baking mat). Set aside.
- Using a 1-tablespoon measuring spoon or a small ice cream scoop, form the cheese mixture into balls and roll into the desired garnishes. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until firm (minimum 1 hour or overnight). The balls will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Meanwhile prepare the crackers. Heat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or silicon baking mat).
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and in a small bowl to form a dough. If too soft, add a tablespoon of flax seed meal.
- Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, cover with a large piece of parchment paper, and roll it out very thin. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and cut the rolled dough into the desired shape. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until crisp, then turn off the oven and break the crackers apart. Leave the crackers with the oven door left ajar for about 8 to 10 minutes to dry up.
- Let the crackers to cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Cheese Balls - no garnish)
Amount per Serving
Calories 68 kcal | Total Carbohydrate 1.4g | Dietary Fiber 0.4g | Total Sugars 0.4g | Net Carbs 1.0g | Total Fat 6.5g | Protein 2.9g
Nutrition Facts (Crackers)
Amount per Serving
Calories 16.8 kcal | Total Carbohydrate 0.8g | Dietary Fiber 0.5g | Total Sugars 0.0g | Net Carbs 0.3g | Total Fat 1.0g | Protein 0.8g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please feel free to make your own calculations with the actual products you use.
Leave a comment