Guacamole with Haloumi Sticks and Smoked Gouda Chips
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipe Type: Easy, Ketogenic, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Vegetarian
Cuisine: Mexican and Cypriot
Put a healthy twist on your snacks this Super Bowl. Add protein to guacamole with K Nutri Collagen Peptides, pair it with garlic and oregano-flavored haloumi cheese sticks and crispy smoked gouda chips, and you have a trio of colorful keto snacks that are truly irresistible. The smoked gouda chips are highly addictive and keep well both at room temperature or in the fridge, so make sure you always have some at hand to enjoy on their own or with anything you desire.
For the guacamole:
2 medium ripe avocados
1 garlic clove, minced
2 scoops K Nutri Collagen Peptides
4 grape tomatoes, chopped
1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
2 mini sweet peppers, finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Juice of ½ lime (or to taste)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the smoked gouda chips:
3 oz sliced smoked gouda cheese (3 slices), cut into quarters
2 tablespoons cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
2 sweet mini peppers, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
For the haloumi:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 packet haloumi cheese (about 8 oz), sliced into ¾-inch strips
2-3 garlic cloves, cut in half lengthwise
2 sprigs fresh oregano
Juice of ½ lime
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- For the chips, place the smoked gouda slices on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and smoked paprika; arrange the pepper slices on top. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the chips are lightly browned. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado pulp with a fork and stir in the lime juice and K Nutri Collagen Peptides. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, mini peppers, and cilantro, adjust seasoning to taste, and stir lightly until just combined.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the haloumi slices, garlic, and oregano and cook the haloumi for 1-2 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Plate the guacamole, chips and haloumi sticks and serve. Happy snacking!
Amount per Serving
Calories 230 | Total Carbohydrate 5.7g | Dietary Fiber 3.4g | Total Sugars 0.4g |Total Fat 19.1g| Protein 11.8g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please feel free to make your own calculations with the actual products you use.