Yield: 8-12 muffins
Prep Time: 5 Minutes, Cook Time: 18 minutes
Recipe Type: Easy, Ketogenic, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Vegetarian
Enjoy these low-carb, nutrition-packed muffins without guilt while incorporating more collagen in your diet. Packed with flavor, they are rich in heart-healthy unsaturated fats and perfect for breakfast or as a snack on the go. The tahini-matcha swirl adds a creamy twist to the delicate texture and the luscious frosting transforms the muffins into dessert.
For the muffins:
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener or another natural sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup K Nutri Collagen Peptides
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the tahini - matcha swirl:
1/2 cup tahini
2 scoops K Nutri Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
2 teaspoons matcha powder
2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or another sweetener of choice
1/8 teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin pan with paper cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and butter. Add sweetener, arrowroot powder, almond flour, K Nutri collagen peptides, baking powder and baking soda and mix until smooth.
- Alternatively, place everything in food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Spoon the batter into 8 large or 12 regular muffin cups, and, using a spoon, smooth the tops.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, K Nutri whey vanilla protein, matcha powder, sweetener, and salt. Place a teaspoon on top of each muffin. Using a chopstick, gently swirl the tahini mixture into the muffin batter.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until a cake tester or a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack to cool. In the meantime, in a medium bowl, whisk together the frosting ingredients until fluffy.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled muffins and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze the muffins without frosting for up to 1 month.
Amount per Serving
Calories 205 | Total Carbohydrate 7.8g | Dietary Fiber 2.3g | Total Sugars 0.4g |Total Fat 25.2g| Protein 14.8g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please feel free to make your own calculations with the actual products you use.
Leave a comment