Yield: 6 donuts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Recipe Type: Easy, Ketogenic, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Vegetarian
These irresistible donuts will tempt kids and adults alike and will be gobbled up as soon as they come out from the oven. If you manage to save any, try one (or both) of the suggested glazes and sprinkle with some roasted cocoa nibs. To enjoy the donuts right away, simply sprinkle them with sweetener while still warm. You may vary the flavors by adding some cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough.
For the donuts:
3/4 cup/2.5oz/72g almond flour
3 scoops K Nutri Collagen Peptides
1/4 cup/1 oz/28g coconut flour
3 tablespoons monk fruit or another sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds or psyllium (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup ghee or grass-fed butter, softened
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Glaze (optional):
1/4 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
3 teaspoons ghee or grass-fed butter
For the Matcha Powder Glaze (optional):
3 tablespoons ghee or grass-fed butter, softened
2/3 cup monk fruit or another sweetener of choice
3 teaspoons Matcha powder (to taste)
1 tablespoon milk (more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C/Gas 6 and lightly grease a 6-cavity nonstick donut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, K Nutri Collagen Peptides, coconut flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, flaxseeds, if using, salt, and baking soda. Add eggs, butter, and vanilla extract and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the mixture among the 6 cavities and gently smooth the tops.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool to a room temperature.
- For the chocolate glaze, combine the chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl and place over a small saucepan with simmering water; let melt for about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled donuts. Let the glaze set before serving.
- For the Matcha powder glaze, in a bowl, mix together the butter, sweetener and Matcha powder, then whisk in enough milk to get a smooth slightly runny glaze. Drizzle over the cooled doughnuts. Let the glaze set before serving.
Nutrition Facts Donuts
Amount per Serving (65g)
Calories 296kcal | Total Carbohydrate 6.33g | Dietary Fiber 2.99g | Total Sugars 1.15g | Net Carbs 3.34g| Total Fat 26.4g| Protein 10.9g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please feel free to make your own calculations with the actual products you use.