Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes, Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Recipe Type: Easy, Ketogenic, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Poultry
This scrumptious keto ground turkey-crust pizza makes an easy and satisfying dinner (and you can have any leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day). Experiment with substituting the ground turkey with ground chicken, beef, shredded cooked chicken, or sausage meat and different toppings such as sliced fresh tomatoes, sliced red onions, fresh basil leaves, and bacon, ham, or pepperoni.
1lb/450g lean ground turkey or chicken
2 tablespoons ghee or butter, softened at room temperature
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 scoops K Nutri Grass Fed Collagen Peptides
1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
1 cup/3.5oz/100g shredded mozzarella or another cheese of preference
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, dried basil, or oregano
1/3 cup to 1/2 cup almond flour (as needed)
1 cup/3.5 oz/100g shredded mozzarella or another cheese of preference
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup tomato sauce, to taste
1 jalapeno or pepperoncini pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
4 thin slices prosciutto
A few olives, pitted and thinly sliced
A handful baby arugula or fresh fenugreek leaves (optional)
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a 10-in baking pan or a 10-in cast-iron skillet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, ghee, eggs, K Nutri Grass Fed Collagen Peptides, and onion and garlic powders, cheese, baking powder, herbs, and 1/3 cup almond flour and mix well (if too wet, add 2-3 tablespoons almond flour.
- With wet or oiled hands, press the mixture onto the prepared pan. Bake the base for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven (at this point you may let the base cool down to room temperature and then refrigerate and freeze for later use).
- Spread the tomato sauce on top and scatter the sliced jalapeno pepper, mushrooms, prosciutto and any olives. Return to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Transfer the pizza to a serving board or platter and cut into wedges.
- Serve topped with arugula or fenugreek leaves.
Amount per Serving
Calories 405kcal | Total Carbohydrate 3.0g | Dietary Fiber 0.87g | Total Sugars 1.28g | Net Carbs 2.14g | Total Fat 27.7g | Protein 36.6g
Nutrition Facts (Base only)
Amount per Serving
Calories 332kcal | Total Carbohydrate 1.87g | Dietary Fiber 0.68g | Total Sugars 0.6g | Net Carbs 1.19g | Total Fat 22.5g | Protein 30.9g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please feel free to make your own calculations with the actual products you use.
Leave a comment