Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: none
Recipe Type: Easy, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Vegetarian
Add a twist on the classic Key Lime Pie with this decadent coconut-flavored dessert. It can be made ahead and frozen so that there is always something ready for unexpected guests. Everyone will enjoy the creamy, zingy filling and the wonderfully crunchy base along with the all the benefits K Nutri Collagen Peptides provide.
For the base:
1 cup /4oz/113g ground walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/3 cup/1oz/28g unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
2 tablespoons powdered sweetener such as monk fruit (or to taste)
For the filling:
1 (13.5oz/403ml) can full fat coconut milk
1 (13.5/403ml) can coconut cream
1 tablespoon lime zest
Juice of 2 limes
1 large ripe avocado
3 scoops K Nutri Collagen Peptides
1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
1/2 cup powdered sweetener such as monk fruit (or to taste)
Lime slices and blueberries, to garnish (optional)
- Lightly grease an 8-inch removable bottom pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine all base ingredients in a bowl and press onto the bottom and about 1 ½ inch up the sides of the pan. Place in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Whisk together all filling ingredients in a large bowl and spoon onto the base. Smooth the top, cover with food wrap, and refrigerate for about 3 to 4 hours or ideally overnight to set.
- When ready to serve, if desired, garnish with lime slices and zest and scatter blueberries on top and slice.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Amount per Serving
Calories 357 kcal | Total Carbohydrate 14.8g | Dietary Fiber 3.8g | Total Sugars 2.8g | Net Carbs 10.9g| Total Fat 32.0g| Protein 7.3g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please feel free to make your own calculations with the actual products you use.